Growing up, my dad had me taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for as long as I can remember. I never understood why except for that it was “good for me.” Now having gone to school and learning a thing or two about ACV, I understand the real reasons why my dad had me taking it. Yes I’m short it’s healthy for you, but there are SO many health benefits to taking it. To this day I still take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (3 times a day) in a bottle of water ever day! Yet another fantastic healthy habit my wonderful holistic father instilled in me at an early age! Below are just a few benefits of ACV!
1. Relieves symptoms of acid reflux: Acid reflux occurs because of low stomach acid levels. ACV helps to balance this back out.
2. Helps reduce constipation, bloating and gas: ACV helps control the growth of unwanted yeast and bacteria in the stomach and intestines.
3. Lowers blood pressure: ACV contains potassium which helps balance the body’s sodium levels. This helps you maintain regular blood pressure levels
4. Helps detox the body: ACV detoxes the liver by helping remove harmful toxins from it. It also helps stimulate circulation within the body.
5. Improves skin health: The antioxidant properties in ACV help prevent skin aging.
6. Aids in weight loss: ACV helps you feel full.
7. Helps reduce night time leg cramps: Cramps can be caused by low potassium levels. ACV is high in potassium and can aid in reducing and eliminating leg cramps
There are so many more benefits but these are the ones I mainly take it for!